sponsors :

Wednesday, 8 February 2012

The Cat

This cat stares at me .

 all the time.


it started off as a kitten born in a cardboard box, on the doorstep of the house over the road, to one of the semi-feral cats in the area. the numbers are kept in check by local kitty-catchers and harsh winters. i think it was one of 6, three of which are still around. here and there. the brother of this one lives and sleeps in my back garden. i only feed it if the weather is really rough...i`m not totally heartless.

You find that  some cats who follow students home and invite themselves in. One or two cats go back to the feral and survive quite nicely on vermin and scraps. i`ve lived in this neighbourhood for 8 years now,,, i`ve never seen a mouse or rat.

Its just like a little puppy, follows me round the house, goes out when i tell it. i`ve got an idea that it uses the toilet, but cant prove it other than.....never mind.

When this starey bear of a cat started sleeping on my doorstep, the winter was starting to set in , so i placed some newspapers and a cardboard box by the front door. little by little it came in for a bit of food, before turning tail rapid style for outside.
 the cat slowly moved in and now, 7 years later it stares at me all day and is an expert at stealing the comfiest places. 


i`m pretty sure its a neutered male, but explaining that to my 4 year old daughter at the time was a little awkward. i approached the subject of naming with, "i`m not sure if its a boy or girl ...". . to which my daughter ( hi sasha ) replied : "Tiger Lilly. tiger if its a boy, lilly if its a girl. ."  genius.

all cats have the same name if you ask me,, they are all called chuch-chuch. this one is resting as close to the mouse as possible, just in case it can get an effort free tickle.


thanks for , well, you know.



31 comments:

  1. He is trying to get into your brain.

    He has very long whiskers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having staring contests with cats! They usually win. My neighbor has a cat that uses the toilet, it's becoming more commonplace these days. Cheers to you for letting this one in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They always do manage to find the comfiest places don't they? Lazy things, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cats are top of the foodchain i reckon. all they have to do is be cute,.

      Delete
  4. All cats are mercenaries, they only play nice when they want to.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats are awaiting to attack us and take over the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its all about the opposable thumbs.

      Delete
  6. I think cats are a superior life form, they're just using us as amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. superior life form that turns into an eating machine when the weather gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cat does not even like me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable cat! I wouldn't mind being stalked by such a cutie :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey the little to T-lilly naming system is genius. haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a handsome/beautiful kitty! I love those cool stripes. You gotcha a good stalker :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awee thats soo cuuute :) i have a kitty who follows me around the house when I'm home
    i like how all the pictures of the cat are of him facing your, staring at you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly. its all the time ; it makes me laugh every day.

      Delete
  13. I love cats, got 2, but he is gorgeous :))) Oh & consider yourself tagged in my post too :))))
    http://weathercarsandgirlsgoodies.blogspot.com/2012/02/okay.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dani , i dont think i`ve been tagged before :)

      Delete
    2. No problem, it's good to tag and be tagged hehe :)))) Enjoy . . .

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. they are fairly cute, dont go near the ferals though. they scratch.

      Delete
  15. That cat seems very aware of you taking a photo of it in that first picture :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found a stray dog once, turns out it lived just a few houses up my road. It took a liking to me though, maybe because I fed it bacon or something lol.

    ReplyDelete

My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!